Helping Smart People Make Brilliant Presentations
Our program on effective presentation and facilitation skills achieves results by providing guidance and solutions to the barriers holding each person back. Every program is customized to the specific needs of the participants and includes content development and delivery skills. Participants learn how to:
- Show how individual and team expertise can solve client problems.
- Look and sound like a team during a presentation.
- Manage and channel nervous energy when in front of a group.
- Identify what they are doing well and what they need to improve.
- Present technical content and design concepts during an interview or client meetings.
- Create memorable introductions that make a positive first impression.
- Use delivery skills (e.g. gestures, voice, tone) to maintain group interest, build trust, and increase retention.
- Use boards, PowerPoint, and other visuals effectively.
- Explain how they use processes such as design-build or GC/CM differently from other firms, or explain them in layman’s terms.
- Use the four phases of group dynamics to build trust and facilitate groups.
- Build and tell memorable, results-oriented stories.
- Go beyond the numbers and make data meaningful.
Team Building in Disguise
Every JTG Presentation & Facilitation Skills program includes interviews with each participant before the first working session to fully understand his or her specific challenges. Video feedback helps our clients generate dynamic presentations and understand how they did it. This – in combination with streamlined, active learning techniques – helps people learn quickly. And because they are learning and growing together, participants built trust with each other and become stronger as a team.
In today’s business world, the best presentations are a combination of presentation and facilitation. A presentation is deemed most effective when it becomes a group conversation through questions and a mutual exchange of ideas. We have developed and perfected a proven methodology for managing complex group involvement that balances the needs of the presenter – to impart information and ideas – with the listeners’ need to express their viewpoints.
More than 1,000 professionals at architecture, engineering, construction, and law firms have gained the skills they need to facilitate groups and present effectively through the JTG Presentation & Facilitation Skills program. Empower your novice and seasoned team members with the knowledge and skills they need to become outstanding facilitators and presenters.