Karen Johnston, MA, is a nationally recognized strategist and facilitator for interview coaching, presentation skills, and business development with an exceptional, proven group learning approach that gets results. She is an expert in understanding how adults learn and how groups function. This ability, combined with her personal interest in developing methods through which technical professionals can become effective at business development and presentation, has resulted in millions of dollars of new business per year for her clients.
In the past 10 years, her research on what selection panels look for and how they make decisions has resulted in dramatic results for the presenters JTG trains and coaches.
- Society for Marketing Professional Services
- American Society for Training and Development
- Pacific Northwest Speakers Association
Speaking Credentials and Programs
- University of Washington’s MBA program – 2 years as a business communications lecturer
- Society for Marketing of Professional Services – numerous presentations and workshops
- Association of Legal Administrators – presenter regionally and at national conferences
- American Institute of Architects – half-day workshop presenter, 2009 national conference
- American Council of Engineering Companies – Annual program presentations on “The Marketing Engineer” and “Presentations That Win Work,” 2006–2016
- Association of General Contractors of Washington – Interview Survey Panel Results, presented at the Annual AGC Convention, 2012
Her interest in the marketing of services also led Karen to coauthor Relationship Selling: Building Trust to Sell Your Service. Karen is a regular contributor to magazines and journals and has been published in the National Law Journal, Legal Management, Puget Sound Business Journal, and numerous other publications and newsletters.